The Walpole Historical Society is open on Saturdays from 2 to 4 p.m. this holiday season.
Published this year is "Civil War Soldiers" of Walpole, containing over 500 pages. The Society also has books relating to the town’s history, including "The Industrialists of Walpole," which describes the history of the original businesses that established mills along the Neponset River. The story of Stop River Falls recounts the development of the iron foundry along the Stop River at the Norfolk boundary. "Powderhouse Hill" is a history of the many occupants of the site since developed into The Village at Swan Pond. "The Maps of Walpole" is a compilation of information and maps of the town since it’s incorporation in 1724. Finally, "The Railroad History of Walpole" containing over 200 pages of notes compiled by Francis Donovan, and "The History of Plimptonville" were both published this year.
In addition, the Society still have copies of the Histories of Walpole by Lewis and DeLue. "The Images of Walpole" remains in print. These items and others are available from the Walpole Historical Society, at the Deacon Willard Lewis House, located 33 West Street.